Introducing Hunter Valley Grammar School
Hunter Valley Grammar School (HVGS) is an independent, non-selective, non-denominational, coeducational day school for students from Preschool – Year 12. HVGS are a values-rich learning community who set high expectations for all students to fulfil their potential – inside and outside the classroom.
They are motivated by decisive and strategic leaders and governed by eight expert Board directors. HVGS students flourish in an environment that values their wellbeing and happiness as equally important as their academic achievement.
HVGS were looking to engage an ICT partner that could provide a specialised Chief Information Officer as a Service (CIOaaS), to help them transform their IT function to support the pursuit of their values and ethos.
HVGS were keen to bridge the gap between ICT investments and business systems, as well as receive advice on enhancing security, reducing risk, and increasing productivity.
It was important for HVGS to select an ICT partner that took the time to understand their business needs.
“We received incredible support from Diamond IT’s CIOaaS. The expertise and guidance they provided enabled us to navigate operational challenges and build a strong strategic focus in IT at HVGS. The service was objective yet supportive providing that external perspective which helped us to strive for excellence.” – Rebecca Butterworth, Principal
HVGS engaged Diamond IT’s CIOaaS to support their requirements.
Diamond IT provided a critical examination of the independent school’s technology function, working closely with HVGS key stakeholders to develop a detailed ICT Strategy Preliminary Report, which revealed several key areas for improvement.
The outcomes and recommendations of this report were provided to the executive team and board, resulting in an engagement to support the delivery of these recommendations.
In line with the requirements of the engagement, Diamond IT worked closely with HVGS’s executive team, board and ICT team to:
- Assess any risks associated with the engagement and develop an approach to minimise these risks.
- Develop an ICT operational roadmap, tailored to the schools’ needs and supporting strategies via advice and activity management.
- Establish and facilitate an ICT working group inclusive of the executive and ICT team to enhance overall team culture, collaboration, and productivity.
- Develop governance frameworks and implement ICT policies and standards, in line with best-practice standards.
- Provide guidance for the overall technology investment and ICT expenditure for the school.
- Complete a holistic Cyber Security Posture Assessment, report findings to the executive team, and provide recommendations to further mitigate risk across all areas of the school environment.
The HVGS’s partnership with Diamond IT has resulted in:
- Transparency in the ICT function for the board and executive team.
- Best practice ICT governance and management frameworks.
- An evaluation of HVGS Cyber Security posture.
- A series of Operational recommendations based on expert observations made throughout the engagement.
- Transition support for the new Principal and new ICT Director.
- A plan to establish a more supported, skilled and fulfilled ICT workforce to properly support the vision and goals of HVGS in the future.
- Ability to make more informed decisions around the overall risk profile of the business.
“Diamond IT’s CIO as a Service has supported me in making informed decisions to streamline internal ICT processes to improve internal systems and get the most out of our ICT investments. We have peace of mind that our strategic roadmap for the next 5 years is backed by expert knowledge and advice ” – Xanthe Fallins, CFO
Diamond IT looks forward to continuing to support HVGS to succeed in the future.
To find out more about how Hunter Valley Grammar School supports students to fulfil their potential through their “Success through Endeavour” motto, head to their website: https://www.hvgs.nsw.edu.au/about/
How we can support you
Business Technology Consulting and Training
With Diamond IT… it’s personal. You're not "just a number". Our Business Analysts get to know you. They immerse themselves in your business to deeply understand how you operate. So, they get to understand what you’re trying to achieve and why…
Managed IT Services and Optimisation
We help you enhance your business performance through proactively aligning your IT environment to industry best practice. Our world class service desk provides excellent technical support, while our monitoring systems provide you peace of mind.
Business Technology Managers
Our Business Technology Managers (BTMs) work closely with our customers to develop a deep understanding of their business. They help customers understand technology trends and risks and how to get the most from their technology resources.
Technology Optimisation (TechOps) is about aligning the design and configuration of your IT infrastructure with best practice.
Our TechOps customers experience less technical issues and a more secure environment.